Print service providers (PSPs) and sign-makers looking to showcase their best projects in the FESPA Awards 2018 have just under two weeks left to enter.
The FESPA Awards celebrates innovative and exceptional work from PSPs and sign-makers worldwide, recognising the creative potential of the global speciality print community.
Whether PSPs specialise in point of purchase, fine art, special effects, printing on 3D products or non-printed signage, there are 14 categories to be entered directly to showcase their skills and to be in with a chance of winning and therefore gaining global recognition.
Each category is open to four production processes: digital printing only, screen printing only, mixed techniques and non-printed. For information on all 14 Awards categories visit: www.fespaawards.com/categories
The final deadline for the FESPA Awards is Friday 26 January 2018. The entries will then be shortlisted by the FESPA Awards Judges, all of whom are renowned print industry experts.
The shortlisted entries will be showcased at FESPA Global Print Expo 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from 15 to 18 May 2018, where they will be viewed by the global speciality print community, including potential new business prospects.
Award winners will be announced at the FESPA 2018 Gala Night which will take place on Wednesday 16 May 2018, during FESPA 2018.
Open to all printers and signmakers
The FESPA Awards 2018 are open to all print service providers and signmakers anywhere in the world, with categories spanning the full spectrum of the industry from commercial, packaging and wide format print to customer service and cross-media.
Entries will be judged on technique, colour, appearance, image definition, job complexity, use and creativity. The full list of awards criteria and judging deadlines can be found at www.fespaawards.com.
The full list of the 2018 categories:
- Point of Purchase Products: printing on paper and board, including paper banners and backlit papers.
- Point of Purchase Products: printed on all types of plastics, including plastic banners and backlit plastic plus lenticular, plastic printing in sheets, flexible or rigid.
- Posters: single sheets and multi-sheets.
- Original Serigraphies: giclees and fine art reproductions, books, brochures etc.
- Decals, printed labels, fleet marking, window decals etc.
- Special effect: screen printed over offset, digital or screen printed images and other innovative applications.
- Special effects on T-shirts and other garments: embroidery, additions of pearls, metal, circuitry etc.
- T-shirts and other garments: direct printing, transfers and roll-to-roll.
- Roll-to-roll printed textile: decoration and pennants, banners, tapestries, draperies and other textile products (e.g. bags, scarves, ties, etc.)
- Glass, ceramic, metal and wood products: tableware, tiles, glasses, mirrors curved and flat, direct printing, decals, glass and ceramic, metal and wood products, signs and objects.
- Direct printing on three dimensional products: bottles, mugs, skis, packaging etc.
- Non-printed signage: channel lettering, neon signs, signwriting, etching, engraving and dimensional signage, acrylics, non-printed vinyl etc.
- Functional: compact discs, credit and phone cards, automobiles, IMD, fascias, dials, nameplates, signs, gauges, printed circuits and membrane switches, hybrid circuits, RFIDs, solar cells etc.
Outside of the application-led categories, there are three separate categories: Young Star, Best in Show and People’s Choice.
For more information on the FESPA 2018 Awards and information on how to enter visit: www.fespawards.com
by FESPA Staff