HP inspires large format providers to reinvent possibilities at FESPA
At FESPA 2017, HP has announced new solutions for print service providers to grow business in signage, decoration, and display with innovative application opportunities.
The company introduced the new HP Latex 3600 and 3200 printers, HP PageWide XL Advanced Suite, flexible signage printing for the HP Scitex 17000 Press, and HP PrintOS for Latex and Scitex HDR presses.
“HP large format technologies can continually reinvent impact, enabling PSPs to differentiate as well as amaze and delight customers,” said Gido van Praag, vice president and general manager, Graphics Solutions Business EMEA at HP Inc. “We are pleased to offer new solutions for our PSPs to expand business opportunities.”
Continuous Latex innovation
Introduced in 2009, water-based HP Latex technology is now its own category, with more than 40,000 Latex printers installed worldwide. HP continues to innovate and expand PSP possibilities with HP Latex 300 Series Print and Cut solutions introduced at ISA Sign Expo 2017, as well as today’s launch of the new HP Latex 3200 and 3600 printers.
The 3.2 meter HP Latex 3600 and HP Latex 3200 printers support higher volume printing and an improved monthly duty cycle. The HP Latex 3200 Printer is a great fit for large PSPs to produce a wide range of applications with high productivity, in high quality for retail/outdoor advertising, events/exhibitions, vehicle graphics, and interior décor.
The HP Latex 3600 is designed for even larger PSPs needing long-run, uninterrupted printing. It can handle production peaks of up to 35,000 square meters per month and is ideal for dedicated application production, such as banners, backlits, wallcoverings, and retail or event signage. The new HP Latex 3600 and HP Latex 3200 printers offer:
- Special tiling mode, with an improved color consistency for demanding jobs
- Reduced media waste, saving up to one linear meter per roll, using the HP Latex Media Saver.
- Lower labor costs, a single operator can manage up to four printers simultaneously.
- Automatic maintenance of printheads, saving time and money.
- Reduced costs—heavy-duty rolls for fewer roll changes, 10-liter HP ink supplies for overnight runs. (HP Latex 3600)
Additionally, the new 54-inch HP Latex 315 Print and Cut and 64-inch HP Latex 335 Print and Cut are dual-device solutions for simultaneous printing and cutting in a single workflow, saving 50 percent in production time for applications such as high-quality floor and window graphics, as well as stickers and custom clothing.
HP also announced commercial availability of HP Durable Backlit Fabric, providing outstanding image quality, in a sturdy and easy-to-use fabric that can resist damage during post-processing or light box installation. HP Durable Backlit Fabric will be available in October in a variety of widths up to 2.95 m (116 inches). Widths of up to 3.2 m (126 in) are expected to be available by the end of 2017.
HP PageWide XL: Leading the technical production market
HP PageWide XL printers deliver breakthrough speed and offer up to 50% savings in total costs for large-format monochrome and color printing for the production of point-of-sale posters, including for supermarkets, and applications for repro houses, print service providers, and technical work teams.
Introduced to the market only 18 months ago, HP PageWide XL printers are already leading the market in this space, with 3000 units sold. Now, PageWide XL Advanced Suite is offering more possibilities and higher productivity.
A bundle of innovative software and tools for HP PageWide XL8000, 5000 and 4000/4500 printers, HP PageWide XL Advanced Suite delivers improved productivity and more versatility both for new and existing customers. Tools and features offered by the suite include:
- HP SmartTracker – Allows customers to gain control over printing costs and turn them to their advantage with accurate, efficient print cost allocation.
- HP SmartStream 5.0 – Includes the latest Adobe PDF Print Engine 4, and support for a wider variety of file formats such as .ZIP and .DWF. A new configuration tool allows easy deployment to multiple computers.
- HP F60 Folder - A folding solution compatible with the HP PageWide XL 4000/4500 and HP PageWide XL 5000 printer series.
- HP Click for PageWide XL 4000/4500. With just one click, customers can print common formats such as PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and HP-GL/2 files, and optimize media usage and costs, while producing a wide range of applications. With HP Click printing software customers enjoy a radically simple printing experience.
Signage applications powered by HP Scitex 17000 for flexible substrates
High-quality, paper-based signage production for indoor and outdoor applications using flexible substrates is now supported with the Flexible Media Loader for the HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press. Using HP’s HDR technology, the press runs at high speeds, delivering high print quality including smooth solid and tone transitions, sharp text and detail, for a duty cycle of up to two million square meters per year.
HP Scitex 17000 for flexible media supports outdoor applications such as city light posters, bus shelters, and billboard applications, or indoor applications such as metro signage, retail posters, and free-standing display units.
HP PrintOS for HP Scitex presses and Latex printers
Featuring a suite of unique and intuitive web and mobile applications, PrintOS now enables print shops and corrugated converters to simplify and automate production of short-run packaging, signage, display and decoration applications.
These powerful apps running on the PrintOS platform bring cloud advantages, with low start-up costs, easy setup, unlimited capacity, and peace of mind with state-of-the-art HP security. PrintOS apps available to HP Scitex and Latex customers include:
- Print Beat - provides visibility into press/printer performance for continuous improvement of print production operations
- Media Locator, a fast and assured way to find HP certified media
- Box, a file exchange which simplifies print file receipt, content validation and routing to production.
- Application Suite, offering easy access to apps such as the HP Signage Suite for easy web-based design and ordering jobs for signage and décor.
- Site Flow, for efficient management of any number of jobs per day, from web order submission to shipment. The solution combines automated order submission, pre-press and shop floor management capabilities for B2C and B2B2C markets.
HP at FESPA 2017
At FESPA 2017 in Booth A1 D15, HP is showcasing its new portfolio of solutions for print service providers to reinvent business possibilities with versatile applications.
The event is running from May 8-12 at the Hamburg Messe in Germany and there is still time to visit and see the latest developments in the global print market.
To find out more, about the many other companies exhibiting this week, as well as how you can attend the event, visit the official FESPA 2017 website: www.fespa2017.com
FESPA 2017 Stand-by-Stand Guides
How does it work: from file to ink droplet
Sonja Angerer describes the process of how customers send files to printers for output.
How to design products for a Circular Economy
In this podcast we speak to Sam Taylor from De Ronde Creative Hub about designing products for a circular economy, how to engineer the maximum reuse of raw materials, consumerism in fast fashion and the use of AI regarding the future of sustainability and much more.
The latest trends and opportunities in creative and smart sportswear
James Gatica discusses the latest trends in creative and smart sportswear and the available opportunities for printers.
FESPA Brasil 2024 surpasses 90% occupancy in exhibition area
FESPA and APS events are proud to announce FESPA Brasil 2024 will return to São Paulo, Brasil from 11th – 14th March 2024. The exhibition will take place at the Blue Pavilion of Expo Center Norte and the exhibition area has already reached 92% capacity in merely 3 months.