HP announces new Latex printer portfolio
HP has announced their new Latex printer portfolio, portfolio that delivers high levels of versatility and sustainability in printing. The new HP Latex 700 and 800 printers allows printers to meet changing market demands.
- Unmatched versatility with vivid colours and dazzling white: incorporating the latest generation of HP Latex inks, and the whitest white ink available on the market with no yellowing over time
- Enhanced performance: HP Latex 700/800 series allows printers to increase productivity by up to 50% versus previous HP models, due to faster print capabilities
- Sharpened sustainability edge: The use of HP Latex inks and cardboard HP Eco Carton cartridges reduces carbon emissions by 60% and plastic usage by 80%
- New HP Latex Print and Cut Plus: Updated HP Print and Cut Plus Solution enables print jobs to be identified and cut with precision, with enhanced Optical Position System
- Revamped HP PageWide XL: HP also launches new HP PageWide XL portfolio with advanced workflow and security features.
“When you think about HP Latex, imagine the unique ability to say yes to every customer request, regardless of fast-changing schedule or application demands. Help meet deadlines with undisputable operator and environmental safety, as, with HP Latex, every signage & decor decision becomes a sustainable one,” said Guayente Sanmartin, General Manager, Large Format Business, HP. “The new Latex 700 and 800 portfolio will allow printers to win big by navigating customer challenges in the next normal and embracing more ambitious projects - safe in the knowledge their work will deliver.”
The new HP Latex range consists of four devices – the HP Latex 700 and 800, and the HP Latex 700W and 800W which offer white ink capability for the first time in this category. It is the whitest white ink available on the market that does not yellow over time, enabling print businesses to produce neater outlines and add more contrast to darker supports.
Meanwhile, updated printheads possessing more nozzles and producing speeds of up to 36 m2/hr (388 ft2/hr) allow the HP Latex 800 and 800W to offer 50% higher productivity levels compared to previous HP models. Print jobs executed on the new 700/800 Series will deliver with vivid colors and finer image and text details, even at faster print speeds. Operationally, HP PrintOS also enables printers to monitor and control their print fleet using a cloud-based interface they can use virtually anywhere, anytime.
Caption: The HP Eco Carbon
Recent HP research reveals that 85% of PSP customers now demand sustainable products and practices. To meet this requirement, the new Latex products continue to build on HP’s long-lasting commitment to sustainable printing. All four devices in the HP Latex 700 and 800 series use the HP Eco Carton – a cartridge made with cardboard material, reducing the amount of plastic used by 80%. HP’s water-based inks are also kinder to the environment.
Improved HP Latex Print and Cut Plus
The HP Latex Print and Cut Plus Portfolio includes the following products:
- HP Latex 335 Print and Cut Plus Solution
- HP Latex 315 Print and Cut Plus Solution
- HP Latex 115 Print and Cut Plus Solution
- HP Latex 64 Plus Cutting Solution
- HP Latex 54 Plus Cutting Solution
- HP Latex 54 Basic Plus Cutting Solution
The user experience on the colored touch screen interface is highly responsive and includes an improved menu, making the entire solution simple to work with. The media basket also features a refined design and now has a smaller footprint when folded, enabling businesses to make better use of space.
Revamped HP PageWide XL
The new range includes the following printers:
- PageWide XL 3920 MFP
- PageWide XL 4200 Printer and MFP
- PageWide XL 4700 Printer and MFP
- PageWide XL 5200 Printer and MFP
- PageWide XL 8200 Printer
For IT managers and CAD designers at enterprise and mid-market businesses, security is a major priority. The new PageWide XL solutions respond to this with new features to protect businesses in an increasingly connected world; including HP SecureBoot, Whitelisting and HP Connection Inspector - making the new PageWide XL range the world’s most secure large format printers.
The Green Grads EPSON cco-cextile challenge graduates showcase their talents
Exhibiting at Manchester’s historic Victoria Baths during the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair the Epson Eco-Textile Challenge graduates received an enthusiastic welcome.
Neil Felton on investing into the print community via FESPA Associations
FESPA's CEO, Neil Felton speaks to Debbie McKeegan about the important or reinvesting and supporting the print community. FESPA achieves this by investing into its 37 global Associations.
Business development: screen printing or digital printing?
Screen printing and digital printing are 2 common printing processes in sign-making. But what are the differences between the 2, what are their advantages and disadvantages, and how can printers earn the most money using new technologies?
Forgra Colour Management Symposium to offer guidance on how to improve efficiency and reduce waste
Paul Sherfield speaks to Andy Kraushaar, Head of Pre-Press Technology at Fogra about the Fogra Colour Management Symposium coming up in February 2024 and why it’s an important event to help you improve efficiency and reduce waste.